EASY SLOW ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES AND ZUCCHINI
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
• 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes (same amount of cut up zucchini if you are using that)
• 8-10 minced cloves of garlic (use more or less to your taste)
• Note: Adjust seasoning as you like to your taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Halve all of the tomatoes lengthwise, and place them in a one gallon zip lock bag. Add the olive oil, garlic and seasonings to the bag. Close and toss around until the tomatoes (or zucchini) is fully coated.
3. Bake the tomatoes (or zucchini) for 2 to 3 hours. You want the tomatoes (or zucchini) to be shriveled but still a little juicy inside. The exact amount of time will depend on the size of your tomatoes and the oven.
4. You can use the tomatoes/zucchini right away (sprinkle with a little chopped basil, if desired), or let them cool and refrigerate or freeze for later use. Use as a topper on sandwiches, salad, pasta, pizza, eggs, flatbread, etc. Delicious served hot, cold, or at room temperature.