- 10 tablespoons butter room temperature, divided
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- Spray an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream 5 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well and press into prepared pan.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and remaining 5 tablespoons butter for 30 seconds. Stir to melt remaiing chunks. If needed microwave more at 15 second intervals. Pour over peanut butter filling and spread evenly.
- Chill until completely firm, at least 3 hours or overnight. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Grittiness:Because these are no-bake bars, the brown sugar might not completely dissolve into the peanut butter. Some people like that texture, but if you’re more of a smooth operator, try melting the butter on the stove and adding the brown sugar into the warm butter, stirring to dissolve before adding the powdered sugar and the peanut butter.
- Crunchy:Some cooks prefer crunchy peanut butter for the bottom layer, and even chop up peanuts for pressing over the warm chocolate before it sets up.