Mix first 3 ingredients. Add the garnish
- 5 oz Capt. Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 3 oz. of fresh, hot apple cider
- .5 oz. cinnamon syrup
- Whipped cream and caramel sauce for garnish
Ingredients for Cinnamon Syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup sugar (white or raw)
- 1 cup water
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add sugar and stir until it has dissolved completely.
- Reduce the heat, add the cinnamon sticks and cover the pan.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Allow it to cool and steep for at least 1 hour longer for a stronger flavor.
- Remove the cinnamon, pour the syrup into a bottle, and refrigerate. The syrup will be good for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.