Baked Potato Skins
• 5 baked potatoes small
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
• 1/2 teaspoon parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3 slices cooked bacon finely chopped or 3 tablespoons bacon bits
• 2 tablespoons chives or green onions
• 1 cup cheddar cheese
• sour cream for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine butter, parsley, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cool baked potatoes. Cut them in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out the flesh leaving a 1/4″ shell (or more if you’d prefer).
3. Brush both the inside and outside of the potatoes with the butter mixture. Place potatoes cut side down in baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
4. Flip potatoes over and bake an additional 5 minutes or until slightly browned and crisp.
5. Fill each potato with cheese and bacon. Return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Remove from the oven, top with chives and serve with sour cream.
Helpful hint: I recently read that cheddar and Monterey jack cheese are the best for oven melting in a recipe like this, and that the hard blocks that you shred yourself melt better than the pre-shredded cheese. I tried it on Nachos and it seems to be the case.