I have been on the hunt for some lower-carb solutions to our regular diet, without sacrificing flavor. We are big on fresh walleye from Red Lake, especially this time of the year, and my husband and I both agree it is a winner! I substituted the seasoning in this recipe for 1tsp+ lemon pepper and some Mrs. Dash.
Parmesan Baked Walleye
- 1 lb walleye (2 fillets)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan finely grated
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon
- A little melted butter?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. If your fish is frozen, thaw it completely.
- Crack an egg onto a shallow bowl and whisk it. Then, grate parmesan cheese into a separate bowl with remaining dry ingredients and stir.
- Pat the fillets with a paper towel on both sides so that they’re dry.
- Dip one fillet into the egg to completely coat it with egg. Then, dip it into the bowl with the dry ingredients to coat it with the dry ingredients. Next, place the fillet on the baking sheet. Repeat with other fillet. Then, sprinkle any remaining dry ingredients on top of the fish.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. The fish should be white and flakey on the inside and golden brown on the outside when it’s done. Remove from oven, top with lemon juice, (and a little melted butter if you want to indulge in it) and enjoy!