We recently went on a family camping trip and decided to cook over the campfire. We are sharing a recipe that is so easy, the kids prepared it. You can use any combination of fruit you want. We used peaches and blueberries and served it with ice cream.
Campfire Cobbler in a Cast Iron Pan
YIELDS: 6 SERVINGS
6 peaches, chopped
2 c. raspberries
1 c. blueberries
1 c. chopped strawberries
1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. sugar, divided
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
pinch of kosher salt
2 1/3 c. Bisquick Mix
1/2 c. milk
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine fruit, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Seal tightly and shake bag until fruit is evenly coated.
- In another large resealable plastic bag, combine Bisquick and milk. Seal and mix, kneading with your hands, until completely combined. If you open a corner of the zip lock, you can “squirt” the mixture in globs on the fruit when it is time for that.
- Butter a large cast-iron skillet. Add fruit mixture and top with Bisquick topping. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Cover with foil and cook over a campfire until biscuits are no longer doughy and fruit is warm and bubbly, 50 minutes.
- Let cool 20 minutes, then serve.