MOIST Apple Cake
Look out! This is one of those recipes that tempt you to eat the whole thing yourself! Plus, super easy to make—no mixer needed. I have no photo to post because my husband and I ate it so fast I forgot to take a photo! It reminded us both of coffee cake.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp EACH salt, cinnamon and ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar (not raw sugar)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs , large, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups apple , peeled, cored and cut into 1/3″ cubes (don’t use canned apples)
- confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and 9X9 cake pan. I think a greased and floured bundt pan would work, too.
- Place flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk oil and sugar in a bowl, then whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until JUST Stir in apples
- Pour into cake pan
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hr. Check at 50 minutes – it is cooked when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar when cool, then serve.